Interviews and other Articles
- Undercover TV interviews Todd Rundgren - Paul Cashmere catches up with legendary Todd Rundgren to talk about his latest tour, recording a bunch of Robert Johnston songs, producing Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out Of Hell', his hit songs, Mark David Chapman being obsessed with him and being name checked in TV shows.
- Todd on ABC Victoria - Richard chatted to guitarist, producer, and 70's superstar, Todd Rundgren, who is in the country for a series of shows. They talked about cycling, the AFL grand final, and Lady Gaga, as well as about Todd's album of Robert Johnson songs.
- Todd Rundgren's Johnson eventfinder.co.nz
- A man and his island Sydney Morning Herald
- Todd Rundgren talks about his Johnson New Zealand TV3 NEWS video
- Rundgren covers a lot of blues The West Australian
- On the eve of his Australian/New Zealand mini-tour, Todd is profiled in Never a dull Rundgren moment from The Australian
- As Todd prepares for his Australia/New Zealand mini-tour for Todd Rundgren's Johnson, he stops by George FM for this video interview - http://www.georgefm.co.nz/download724.html
- The Todd Rundgren Interview by Simon Sweetman on Stuff.co.nz.
- Andy Hazel interviews Todd in advance of his short tour in Australia - A TRUE STAR - An interview with Todd Rundgren.
- witchdoctor.co.nz has a new interview with Todd: Todd and His Johnson
Todd Talks TechIn an interview recorded several months ago, but first released today, Todd talks with Project Studio Network about recording the Arena CD. You can find the podcast episode #102 at http://psn.libsyn.com/. Todd's interview starts at about 00:34:35.
I have posted the complete interview I did with Todd Rundgren on my music website music-illuminati.com - excerpts from this were included in a preview article that I wrote for noozhawk.com that I emailed you the link to before.
The direct link to the interview is:
Feel free to post a link to this or share it.
You might also enjoy looking around the rest of the site. One of the features is the "Advice From Musicians" page, in which I ask "What advice would you give to an aspiring songwriter / musician?"
Recent British Press concerning AWATS
- The Times Playlist - January 30th 2010 (Cover)
- The Times Playlist - January 30th 2010 (Page 1)
- The Times Playlist - January 30th 2010 (Page 2)
- Uncut - Feb 2010 (Cover)
- Uncut - Feb 2010 (Page 1)
- Uncut - Feb 2010 (Page 2)
- Uncut - Feb 2010 (Page 3)
- Shindig - Jan 2010 (Cover)
- Shindig - Jan 2010 (Page 1)
- Shindig - Jan 2010 (Page 2)
- Classic Rock - Dec 2009 (Cover)
- Classic Rock - Dec 2009 (Page 1)
- Classic Rock - Dec 2009 (Page 2)
- Classic Rock - Dec 2009 (Page 3)
- Shindig - Nov/Dec 2009 (Cover)
- Shindig - Nov/Dec 2009 (Article)
- Sunday Times - June 7, 2009
- Todd Rundgren "The internet works!! Yes, it's having an effect!!"
- Aloha from Hawaii: the HCTF Todd Rundgren Interview
- A Wizard: A True Star - An Interview with the Legendary Todd Rundgren (SF Examiner)
- Noozhawk: Jeff Moehlis: Todd Rundgren Recasts 'A Wizard, A True Star'
- LAist Interview: Todd Rundgren
- MinnPost.com - A runt, a wizard, a true star in utopia: Todd Rundgren at the State
- Star-Tribune - 'Wizard' of Todd
- The Quietus - Todd Rundgren Interview: Talking With The Wizard & True Star
- Pioneer Press - Minneapolis, MN - In Todd We Trust
- The [Cleveland] Plain Dealer - Wizard and true star Todd Rundgren set to play landmark 1973 album at two Akron Civic Theatre concerts
- Ohio.com has published a promotional article/interview -- Todd Rundgren: A wizard and a true star
- ConnPost.com features Rundgren to recreate 'AWATS' album at Stamford Palace
- WKSU Radio has an audio for Todd Rungren[sic] recreates A Wizard A True Star in Akron
- KDNK Community radio Steve Skinner has Todd Rundgren talks about A Wizard a True Star
Todd Rundgren talks about his eight memorable songs on the Guardian newspaper's websiteGuardian Unlimited - Todd Rundgren: The Playlist (November 3)
The List magazine in Edinburgh recently conducted a phone interview with Todd Rundgren when TR was in Hawaii a few weeks ago. The result is a fascinating insight into the mind of one of rock's true innovators.
The List - Todd Rundgren interview: Full Transcript (Scotland, November 6th)
The interview dovetails TR's concert at the Edinburgh Picture House on Friday November 7th.
The UK's "Get Ready To Rock" music website will be streaming their brand NEW audio interview with Todd Rundgren this Sunday (August 8, 2008) at the following times (UK time) - 15.00-17.00/repeated 22.00-00.00. It'll then be archived and as a text feature on the website - www.getreadytorockradio.com
Planet Rock radio in the UK received incredible feedback from their 20-minute interview with Todd on Tuesday. DJ Nicky Horne played the tracks "Strike" and "Gun". The interview was also repeated on the station last night.
A new interview with Moe Berg of The Pursuit of Happiness is now online. He covered all
aspects of his music career as well as some of his thoughts on working with
A slightly different version of the interview, which includes a different bonus question, can be found on Kweevak.com.
Steve Earle w/ Todd Rundgren on Air America RadioThe Revolution Starts Now
On Sunday, November 6, 2005, on The Revolution Starts Now, Steve Earle hung out with producer, recording artist and musician Todd Rundgren. They shared their stories and played some of their favorite tunes.
You can download the show from Air America at http://www.airamericaplace.com/upload/aars110605.mp3
Nice short interview with OH in the October issue [Note: Does not yet appear online] of the British music magazine Uncut (www.uncut.co.uk) on Todd's relationship with John Lennon, the so called "feud" between them and Todd's thoughts on being the subject of fanaticism by Lennon killer Mark David Chapman.
The interview is available in the WFUV archives at http://wfuv.venaca.com/archive/5037.asx
The tour and Todd are also mentioned in The Guardian.
Todd is on the front cover of the June edition of "Guitar Techniques" magazine (UK).
Dr. Rock VS Todd Rundgrenhttp://www.playlouder.com/feature/+drrock-3/
From the Hollywood Reporter:
Commentary: Todd Rundgren
The music industry veteran argues that the labels have mishandled downloadable music.
Musician Todd Rundgren is known for such 1970s pop hits as "Hello It's Me," but his wizardry as a producer, music video pioneer and explorer of computer technologies is legendary in the industry. Since 1998, his recordings have been underwritten by PatroNet, a subscription service that gives his loyal fan base online access to works in progress.See the article
- This interview (available in Real Audio format as a stream or a 3MB download) was recorded on 2/20/1999 and originally aired on 2/23/199 on WCNI-FM, New London, CT. WCNI-FM is located on the Connecticut College campus and is run by both community members and students. WCNI-FM is a listener funded station, broadcasting 365 days a year. This interview with Todd Rundgren was conducted by the station Blues Music Director and longtime Todd Rundgren fan, Mark Steinberg. Mark is a freelance sound engineer and has his own sound reinforcement company, SOUNDS GOOD PRO AUDIO.
- A feature article on Todd appeared in the April 1998 issue of Guitar.
- Todd was interviewed on "Live Concerts" on November 1, 1997. You can read this transcription provided by Karen Pals.
- Todd did an interview with an online music review publication called "The Daily Vault" on Friday, November 14, 1997; check it out at "TODD RUNDGREN: A WIZARD, A TRUE STAR... A VISIONARY?".
- October 1997 - UK's Uncut has the interview "Todd Rundgren, interactive pioneer and, for 25 years, the mad uncle of electronic pop, talks to Paul Lester."
- July 1997 - Sonoma County (California) Independent issued this interview at the time of his appearance in Petaluma.
- July 1997 - Self-described diehard Toddhead Brett Bayne recently tackled his hero for an exclusive interview -- not for a computer or music magazine, but for other diehard fans. In this telephone discussion from July 1997, Brett asks Todd about Patronet, rarities, and his new albums "Up Against It" and "With a Twist."
- From "Keyboard. Musica y Tecnologia" translated from Spanish by Inaki Prieto.
Todd was the cover artist in "Goldmine" (periodical about record collecting) in the March 29th, 1996 issue. It has an exhaustive biography, in depth interview, and a truly unbelievable discography. Unfortunately, the article is no longer online. Speaking of cover stories, did you know that TR graced the cover of the first issue of "Mondo 2000" back in 1989?
- Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde) made some comments about TR in the March 1991 issue of GUITAR Magazine.
- AOL conference with TR-I
- November 13, 1995 - Todd joined with awizard mail list members in an IRC chat.
- June 12, 1995 - CompuServe/House of Blues Online Conference
- June 12, 1995 - Online Press Conference earlier that same day.