Drive - News on the New Cars
It's been around for a while, but not linked here before. From Rehearsals.com, three videos of the New Cars at work.
- The US release date for the New Cars album has moved to June 6th. The UK release date is now June 12th.
- Check out Dave White's news coverage on New Cars on ClassicRock.about.com
- Blondie opening for The New Cars
- The New Cars ready to hit the road
- Rockline.com in the US features a New Cars news story
- Rock Ahead.net in the UK just ran this news story
- www.popmatters.com is interviewing Greg and Elliot this week, so look out for the interview in the next two weeks.
- Classic Rock magazine interviewed Elliot and Todd for a 6 page feature on the Cars/New Cars. Look out for the feature on UK newsstands on May 3rd. The piece is written by Greg Prato of Billboard.com and AllMusic.com.
- Wave Magazine in San Jose, California just interviewed Todd and will be running their New Cars interview in three weeks
- Playlouder.com in the UK recently interviewed Greg Hawkes. Stay tuned for the interview.
Articles, Reviews and Interviews
- Dr Rock VS The Cars
- An Interview with the New Cars by Mitch Lafon on Classic Rock Revisited
- Uncut May 2006 has a brief blurb and notes UK release of new album on June 12.
- Review of the new Album
- Greg Hawkes Interview
- Recent TV Performances
- Retooled Cars debut new show, then hit Nokia
New Cars/Blondie promo E-cardThe new e-card includes streaming of a live version of "Let the Good Times Roll" and the new single "Not Tonight."
Rumored reports of a Genesis reunion are also debunked and explained.
Some general reaction and commentary to the New Cars reunion can be found on Curlio.com.
Report for New Cars Press ConferencePhotos
TRC scouts were at the House of Blues bright and early on Tuesday, March 14 for the New Cars press conference and performance.
About the performance...Todd looked and sounded great! His voice and style fit right in with the original Cars songs to create a hybrid that fans from both sectors are sure to enjoy!
More information is available in the full report, but here are some highlights to whet your whistles....
- The New Cars are Todd Rundgren (vocals, guitar), Elliot Easton (guitars, vocals), Greg Hawkes (keyboards), Kasim Sulton (bass, vocals), Prairie Prince (drums).
- North American tour dates start on May 12.
- You can expect to hear The Cars big hits, new music by the New Cars, as well as some of Todd Rundgren's music.
- Advance tickets (I'm told no code is needed) are on sale now, general ticket sales go on sale on Saturday, March 18.
- If you purchase tickets through VH1classic.com or Ticketmaster.com you'll receive a email code for a free 10 song download of New Cars and Blondie songs.
- Ticket purchases through Ticketmaser will also include a one year Easy Rider membership with the New Cars' official fan club. This will allow access to New Cars website, email update and message board, along with options to buy VIP packages and other perks.
- You can join the New Cars fan club without purchasing tickets at www.thenewcars.com
New Cars Web Sitehttp://www.thenewcars.com/
A featured article in Billboard is also online.