The Hollywood ReporterThe Hollywood Reporter has had a number of articles concerning TR and his latest efforts. I've recently received permission to reprint them here. Watch this space!
This item appeared in a local paper, but was attributed to an HR source:
TODD RUNDGREN FLIES FROM "BAT OUT OF HELL"Hollywood Reporter
In an apparent first for the music industry, producer Todd Rundgren has sold his future producer's royalties from one of the biggest selling albums of all time, Meat Loaf's original "Bat Out of Hell." Sony, which distributes the release, bought Rundgren's 8 percent interest for a reported seven figures. "Bat Out of Hell" has sold 26 million copies worldwide and has been reaping hundreds of thousands of dollars per year for Rundgren since its release 14 years ago. With the release of last year's big hit "Bat Out of Hell II," the original took off again. Rundgren says he wanted the highly unusual lump payout to fund his new interactive record label.
Here's the list of currently available articles:
- Rundgren maps out interactive future for music, videos (November 8, 1991)
- Ringo, All-Starr Band (June 22, 1992)
- Rundgren preps interactive CD (September 2, 1992)
- Rhino firms Forward label (March 3, 1993)
- Rundgren plans "No World Order" interactive tour (April 5, 1993)
- Rundgren's Dream of a label (June 29, 1994)
- House of Blues, West Hollywood (June 12, 1995)
- Rundgren CD-plus rally minus key bit: the record (June 13, 1995)
- Rundgren going online with works in progress (February 3, 1997)
- Rocker Todd Rundgren's dream of a fan-based patronage system lives
- Concert review: Todd Rundgren