[Awizard] Free CD's with each movie ticket for Moogy's film,

moogymusic moogymusic at myway.com
Tue Oct 4 20:18:36 EDT 2005

Free CD's of all the great songs from Lindley Farley's "The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat" for the first 25 customers each nite to buy tickets at the theater or online and ask for a CD. Just ask the ticket seller at the theater for the CD after you've purchased your ticket and you'll get a free CD of "The Rodness" with all the great songs from the film, if you're one of the first 25 people that nite to buy a ticket and request a CD.
***********************
Friday nite, Oct. 7th meet "The Rodnees", director/writer - Lindley Farley and star Moogy Klingman at the theater after the show. After the 9 pm show, they'll be answering questions, autographing posters and CD's and singing some of their songs.
***********************
Sunday nite, Oct. 9th - John Lennon's birthday and the closing day of "The Rodnees", Lindley and Moogy will be back at the theater after the 9 pm show to sing John Lennon songs, and answer questions and hand out and autograph posters and CD's. So please make it down to the show.

Monday Oct. 3rd thru Sunday Oct. 9th, 2005every nite, one show at 9 pm, one week only!
see Moogy Klingman starring in
Lindley Farley's musical comedy - mockumentary feature film,"The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat!"Tickets only $8!
at the Anthology Film Archives movie theater.
32 Second Avenue (at 2nd st) Manhattan, NYC (212) 505-5181

http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.orgwww.rodnees.com for film clipswww.moogymusic.com for further infoRecent review excerpts from Lindley Farley's film, "The Rodnees -We Mod Like Dat", starring Moogy Klingman The New York critics are in. Everyone's talking about "The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat!".
Excerpts from New York Times
A Dangerous Caper Imitating the Beatles By JEANNETTE CATSOULIS
Published: October 3, 2005
"Striving to be a mockumentary and succeeding ..............four young African-American men from Brooklyn whose failure to succeed in hip-hop prompts a change of direction. Discovering the Beatles, they decide to reinvent themselves as a modern-day British Invasion-style band, complete with horrendous wigs and psychedelic shirts. ............Wm. D. Kappelmeyer (Moogy Klingman), (is) a squawking former stockbroker who has abandoned family and career to promote his heroes.
Working from the historically accurate premise that the Fab Four's music was heavily influenced by the likes of Chuck Berry and Little Richard, the Rodnees (Charles Harding, Alexandre Baptiste, Mike Hunter and Davin McLeod) view their conversion as artistically appropriate. ("What the Beatles took, we'll take back" is their motto.) They even have their own Brian Epstein in the form of an ex-Marine called Roy (Sweet) Bailey (C. F. Jarmon), an irascible dry cleaner whose customers unwittingly provide the band with most of their outfits.
.............. sparks of surreal wit - a Rodnee grooving to Herman's Hermits in an inner-city bus shelter, a strategy session overlooked by a huge pinup of Jim Morrison."
Excerpts from Time Out Magazine - Oct. 3rd, 2005The Rodnees: We Mod like Dat!Dir. Lindley Farley. 2005. N/R. 77mins. Moogy Klingman........ Four African-American youths from Brooklyn trade their hip-hop aspirations for mod madness by starting a Beatlesque group that becomes an overnight middle-school sensation. Number-one adult fan Wm. D. Kappelmeyer (Klingman) traces their meteoric rise and inevitable fall. .......... scenes are interspersed with cameos from local celebrities (music promoter Sid Bernstein, radio personality Joey Reynolds) Raven Snook
Excerpts from the Village Voice, Oct. 3rd, 2005
The Rodnees: We Mod Like Dat! Written and directed by Lindley Farley"..mockumentary in which a group of failed Brooklyn rappers switch gears after listening to the Beatles.......Some conceits are amusing (most of the Rodnees' gigs are for grade-schoolers)............ The obsessed narrator (Wm. D. Kappelmeyer), (is) a man who's thrown away his family and professional life in order to spend his days parsing the glory of the Rodnees."*******************************************************************
below was written after the Downtown Film Festival at Arlene's Grocery 4/27/05Hi Folks,
I have the lead role in a film written and directed by Lindley Farley. "The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat", as shown at the Arlene's Grocery's Film Festival on 4/27/05, and it went very well. The show was packed and the people loved the movie. Below are some reviews from internet sites and a few emails that came my way. The film should be opening in NYC this fall, hopefully. Have a good read.
Moogy - 6/07/05 ******************************************************* Here's a review from idleatwork.blogspot.com Monday, April 25, 2005 The Arlene Grocery Picture Show
Listen up y'all whether you agree with the Lower Eastside as the mecca of hipsterdum are not, you got to check out The Arlene Grocery Picture Show . .............The Rodnees is musical mocumentary in the spirit of Spinal Tap and tells the "true" story of one man's quest to find out why the greatest rock band of all time broke up. This shit is seriously hilarious, because it flips the whole white people stole rock and roll music from black people thing on its head, and has two wanna-be rappers discover The Beatles Revolver and interpret it as some gangster shit. "Before Biggie and Tupac was getting waxed off the streets, John Lennon was all over that shit."

Here's a review posted on IMDB, written by Solomon

The Rodnees: We Mod Like Dat!
Writer/director Lindley Farley hits a home run again with his new film "The Rodnees: We Mod Like Dat!" The film pays homage to the Beatles as well as the films "A Hard Days Night" and "This is Spinal Tap." The style of the film is a cross between mocumentary and music video. The film was shot in digital and focuses on the rise and fall of a rock group, The Rodnees, who are influenced by the music of the Beatles. The film focuses on and explores the effect of the music of the Rodnees on their fans and the parents of their fans.
The music and the music videos of the Rodnees are funny and unique. The style of the music videos and songs are portraits of Lindley’s homage for the Beatles. Just like his last film, "Bulls Night Out," the focus of the film is the ensemble cast. The characters are all vibrant and colorful, reminiscent of any Joel and Ethan Cohen brothers film. Some of those characters include the Rodnees’s manager Roy "Sweet" Bailey and the ventriloquist act of Pablo and Luis. Lindley’s dialog is very clear, crisp, and original and reminds me of dialog that David Mamet or Quentin Tarentino would use in their plays and films. If you are a Beatles fan then you will really love this film. Lindley Farley is an incredible filmmaker and I look forward to his future films. I highly recommend it!

Emails to Moogy by folks who saw"The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat" on 4/27/05
Just wanted to say again, I thought the movie was a lot of fun and your performance was great -- very entertaining altogether. -- Matt

Hey Moogy, Loved the movie! I was in town with my girlfriend and her son to see a show on Saturday so I was able to see the film. I thought it very clever indeed You did a great job! Cheers, Mark

monicashaw enjoyed the movie...you rock!

Written and directed by Lindley Farley; directors of photography, Michael Dennis, Mr. Farley, Andre Middleton and Derrick Hill; edited by Kate Cunningham, Joshua Geisler and Elizabeth Bouiss; music by Mr. Farley; produced by Stuart Rifkin; released by LSM Productions. At the Anthology Film Archives, 32 Second Avenue at Second Street, East Village. Running time: 75 minutes. This film is not rated.
WITH: Moogy Klingman (Wm. D. Kappelmeyer), Charles Harding (Rodney Barnett), Alexandre Baptiste (John Rodney), Mike Hunter (Rodney York), Davin McLeod (Rodney "Modney" Wolcott), C. F. Jarmon (Roy "Sweet" Bailey).
For more about the movie, "The Rodnees - We Mod Like Dat"check out the website - www.Rodnees.com