Summary of the different releases of the Individualist.
- A member of the awizard mailing list gets a promo review of the
Individualist at the tail end of '94 - a few copies circulate the TR-i
community - 5th generation copies are not unheard of!
- Your chance tojoin
this mailing list -
- March '95 - Pony Canyon based in Japan - release of the 'I' but No CDe part.
I ordered my copy thru' CDNow! (a USA on-line music store).
- My claim to
fame is that my copy is the most travelled, Japan to USA to UK and must
the dearest - I had to pay UK import taxes as the Customs grabbed it -
it must have cost $85+. A small price to pay for such a masterpiece!
- A kind friend from Japan translated the Japanese
here to read them.
- The photographs from the booklet are displayed later. Read on!
Thanks to Kelli Richards for this info.
All the songs from the "I" were made available on CompuServe (on the 12th
June '95).They could then be downloaded by IMUSIC
Forum members. The songs still remain there.
- For more info on the TR-i C'serve IMUSIC Forum,
refer to the 'Latest Info'
section on TR-i's www site.
- Todd is on the cover of the January issue of CompuServe
Magazine (which reaches over 4 million subscribers worldwide) talking
about various online TR-i activities.
- See the cover
article is available on-line at CompuServe.
Individualist USA Tour
- TR-i starts his Individualist tour (early June to late August,
No UK dates) - for some tour reviews and photos
choose from below.
- A big thanks to Kurt and Jerry for sending the following photos:-
- TR-i also played on New Years Eve in the States
Nows your chance to see
what happened. This
site is maintained by Lion Keezer and well worth a visit.
- Due to the CD industry trying to eastablish as CD+ format and Windows
'95 about to be launched - a limited edition cassette,35,000 copies, again
NO CDe part, was released. As far as I am aware only a few copies made it to
- As the readme.txt file says:-
W e l c o m e _ T o _ T h e _ I n d i v i d u a i st
You have purchased a new type of Audio CD which is called an "Enhanced
CD". It called "Enhanced" because in addition to the audio tracks
normally found on the CD, there is a complete interactive multimedia
experience that can be played back on a properly configured Macintosh or
- Video Switcher
- Animated Song Experience
60+ 'stills' to view
, Lyrics and Inner Booklet Photos as well.
- Recent review found on AOL of The
- Review 2 .. etc ... etc
Key Mail, who advertise in 'Record Collector', import the 'I'.
The price was #17.99 + 99p p+p.
The phone number is 0181 770 0900 (UK)
CDx (Music by Mail), The Old Coach House,Windsor Cres, Radyr, South
Glamorgan, CF4 8AE, Tele 01222 842 878. Check it out! (lots of other
- If you have another source, please send it along
- I run the CDe on a PowerMac 7500/100 - it couldn't have been easier -
ran first time with NO problems.
- A BIG thanks to Bill Perion of the USA
who kindly exported me a copy. The UK always seems to take ages to get
Trouble Shooting Guide
- For tech support on the "I" specifically, contact Digital
Entertainment (who are handling that "officially") at
- Mac - Read the Q and A section from
the Readme file that came with the CDe
- PC - Read the Q and A section
from the Readme file that came with
- There IS hope!. Thanks to Liz Wilkinson for the
- More details can be found at Compuserv - the IMUSIC Forum.
- TR-i has set up a 'Starter pack' for USA only
- Details on the UK Compuserv set up, look out for free CDs they sometimes
distribute in PC mags, Free 10 hours online, Free s/w, Free membership,
Free internet access, Free personal home page - call 0800 000 200 for
joining info and 0800 000 400 for technical support
- If you have encountered any problems please feel free to email them
to me and I'll compile a summary.
- More Individualist details from the following WWW sites
- One last section, please feel to contribute your reviews/ideas/little
snipets of information about the CDe for others to enjoy.
- Please Email
me with your comments - Thanks!