[Awizard] from Moogy Klingman- come to my birthday bash!

MOOGYKING at aol.com MOOGYKING at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 16:35:04 EDT 2006

Hi Toddheads and Utopians of all kinds,

      I'm having a kewl birthday party gig  and TR obsessives of all kinds
are hereby invited. It would be  great to see you at my birthday bash. With $5
beers, free birthday  cake and a guestlist if you need to save on the cover,
it's gonna be  a cheap Saturday nite, if ever there was one. And my band is
rockin'!

  By the way, if you haven't been there, the Triad Theater  is a beautiful
spot with a big stage, a grand piano and a very classy nite club  setting.

We're gonna be rocking Saturday at my birthday bash and consider this a
personal invite!

Moogy.................... RSVP

Moogy Klingman's Birthday Bash w/Ian  Lloyd!!
Saturday, Sept. 9th, 9:30  PM
Lotsa suprises, free birthday cake and Moogy's rockin'  band!
Jim Satten, Even Steven Levee, Denny  McDermett and Aisha Hinton.
Special guest Ian Lloyd of  "Stories" doing his #1 hit "Brother  Louie"

the Triad Theater, 158 w. 72nd  street, 2nd fl. Manhattan - 212 362 2950
$10 cover, 2 drink min. ($5  domestic beers - $6 well vodkas drinks)
reservations and  guestlist
email MOOGYKING@ aol.com or call 212 724  0242

_www.moogymusic.com_ (http://www.moogymusic.com/)  - for  songs, pix, gig
info and more -
 - Moogy's midnite hot dog at Nathan's in Coney  Island w/Liza Minelli!
(photo essay)
 - a video of Axel Rose w/Guns &  Roses performing
 a Moogy Klingman song live in  concert!

The Moogy Klingman Band
Moogy   was a founding member of  Todd Rundgren's "Utopia". Moogy will be
performing swongs from his Capitol and EMI solo albums - songs that went on  to
be recorded by people like Johny Winter,  Eric  Clapton,  Barry Manilow, Bette
Midler, Carly Simon  and others.
Moogy's  band will also be playing other songs he wrote like "Dust in the
Wind"  which Todd Rundgren recorded on his "Something, Anything" album and Axel
Rose  and Guns &  Roses does live in concert (on their very occasional gigs).
      * He'll also be  doing a song he co-wrote with Buzzy Linhart called,
"You Gotta Have  Friends", which is Bette Midler's theme song.
      Moogy has played,  recorded and/or had his songs covered by many rock
legends, including Jimi  Hendrix, Chuck Berry, Luther Van Dross, Bob Dylan, Bo
Diddley, Eric  Clapton, Jeff Beck, Allan Woody and Warren Haynes from the
Allman  Bros & Gov't Mule. Moogy has worked with great female rockers like  Bette
Midler, Carly Simon, Phoebe Snow,  Cindy  Lauper, Shawn Colvin, Irene Cara,
and Thelma Houston.
      Moogy just finished a  summer tour with Buzzy Linhart and Moogy's band.
        Jim  Satten on guitar is an blues/R & B guitar legend. He was Bo
Diddley lead  guitarist and band leader for 14 years and lead the Ron Wood band
(of the  Rolling Stones) on a world tour.
        He and Moogy  also played together in the "Moogy/Woody Band" with
Allmans  Brothers alumni Allan Woody, and Warren Haynes. Jim has played guitar
for  the  original Temptations, Ronnie Spector, and Sam and Dave, among  many
others.  Jim just finished the Buzzy Linhart/Moogy Klingman mini  -tour with
Phoebe Snow.
     Even Steven Levee has  been playing with Moogy for many years in bands
like "Moogy and the Mojo's" and  "Freak Parade" Even has worked with many rocks
acts including Brad Factor and  others and also produces acts at his studio
such as Gun Hill. Even just  finished the Buzzy Linhart/Moogy Klingman mini
-tour with Phoebe Snow.
       The drummer  Denny McDermott, has been gigging and recording with
Donald Fagan, Phoebe  Snow, Buzzy Linhart and Marc Cohen and is considered one of
NYC's top  rocking funk drummers.
       Aisha Hinton  is new to the band and the music scene in NYC. She's
been a hit with the band  with everyone who's seen her.

      Ian Lloyd
         Ian  Lloyd has been rehearsing with Moogy with a new version of his
old band  "Stories" IanLloyd and Stories had three top twenty hit
singlesincluding a #1 hit with the classic song, "Brother Louie". Ian  has recorded many
albums with Stories and as a solo  artist.
          Ian’s voice has been heard on such big hits as Foreigner’s“Feels
Like The First  Time”, “Cold As Ice”, “Waiting For A GirlLike You”, “Juke
Box Hero”, “Double  Vision”, and more.
He is cemented in Rock ‘n’ Roll history with his world-wide #1 hit “Brother
Louie“ and can also be heard on Billy Joel’s “I Go To Extremes”, as well as
 appearing on CDs by Yes, Peter Frampton, Ian McDonald [of King Crimson  /
Foreigner fame], and Survivor to name a  few.
     artists._http://www.machinedreamrecords.com/ianlloyd/_
(http://www.machinedreamrecords.com/ianlloyd/)